Welcome to the Wisconsin Veterans of Foreign Wars State Service Office
The VA VFW Service Office exists to assist Veterans in dealing with the Department of Veterans Affairs. The Veterans Service Officer will:
- Offer research and advice to veterans who wish to handle their own claims.
- Assist veterans who are filing original claims for compensation and/or pension with the Department of Veterans Affairs and complete the required
VA forms on behalf of the claimant.
- Assist veterans in reopening claims for service-connected disabilities and complete the required VA forms.
- Follow up on status of claims filed by veterans with the VA Regional Office.
- File Notice of Disagreement with the VA Regional Office if a veteran believes the decision made by the VA was incorrect.
- Review statements of the case from the VA regarding denials of claim and assist veterans with the preparation of responses.
- Assist veterans or surviving spouses in the preparation of appeals for denial of claims and file the appeals with the local VA Regional Office for forwarding to the Board
of Veterans Appeals in Washington, D.C.
- Complete VA Forms other than for original claims.
- Answer/research telephone inquiries regarding medical, death/burial and other miscellaneous benefits.
We are here to advocate for the rights of all Wisconsin Veterans and their families, regardless of whether or not they are members of the VFW.
If you are a veteran in need of help, have questions on your status or eligibility for benefits, or you know a veteran who is in need of assistance with their benefits and claims, have them contact this office by phone at (414) 902-5748 or mail to:
VFW Department Service Office
5400 W. National Avenue, Room 166
Milwaukee, WI 53214
|READ ARTICLES||SEND US AN EMAIL